Discovery Screen Shot from Digital Humanities at OU blog

Published on January 14th, 2013 | by Adrian Stevenson

0

Digital Humanities and the First World War

We’re very close to finishing the WW1 project now, and we’re aiming to make our interfaces available very soon. There are a number of things we haven’t quite managed to pull off in the time available, some of which I’ve noted earlier. Nevertheless, things are looking pretty nice now, and we’re looking forward to getting the recent work out there.

In the meantime, I’m very pleased to say that the Open University have invited me to give a short presentation at their ‘Digital Humanities and the First World War‘ event coming up on the 24th January. I’ll be up alongside Matthew Shaw from the British Library and Alun Edwards from University of Oxford, both institutions that have available coming through our API. The OU do some great work in this area, so I’m looking forward to a good one.

Update – 25th January 2013

I gave this talk yesterday and it seemed to go well I think. It was great to be able to mention that we had data coming through our API from the projects and institutions the other two speakers, Alun Edwards and Jerry Jenkins were representing, namely ‘Europeana 1914 – 1918‘, ‘WW1 Continuations and Beginnings‘ and the British Library. The talk was filmed and assuming it’s OK, will be released publicly. I’ve also embedded my slides here:

Digital Humanities and the First World War from Adrian Stevenson

Tags: , , , , ,

About the Author

Back to Top ↑